Outreach and Literacy Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Term of Employment: Permanent Part Time
Hours Per Week: up to 30 hours per week
Salary: negotiable based upon experience
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Work towards goals of the mission and annual totals of programs and books delivered to children.
• Run the book donation center; be the face of the center, help take in book donations, maintain book intake worksheet, receipts for donors, pull children's book orders for partners, coordinate volunteers at the center with sorting and stamping books, drop off books to partner schools and agencies.
• Manage part-time program assistants who will run programming at partner schools and
• Be able to do programming; read our book of the month, literacy-based crafts/ song/ fingerplay with children 0-8.
• Prepare programming materials as needed and maintain worksheets for programming and school visits. Keep programming books and programs organized two months out for materials and visits.
• Maintain relationships with partner schools and organizations via email, phone, and in-person visits.
• Assist with grant writing
o resource fairs/ school parties/ community events to distribute books
o board meetings (6x per year)
o major fundraising events
• Strong commitment to the mission of Madison Reading Project
• Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
• Bachelor’s degree or 2 -5 years work experience in the area of Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or youth services - Library Science.
• Must possess background knowledge of best practices in reading to children ages birth through 5th grade
• Enthusiasm for working with children in literacy programs over the course of several hours.
• Experience using Google Suites
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs (boxes of books)
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and grant proposal writing samples to email@example.com Subject line: Outreach and Literacy Coordinator Position
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.