Health Literacy Summit
Join us April 2-3, 2019 (pre-Summit sessions on April 1) for the Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit in Madison, WI.
You'll hear from respected experts in the field who take us beyond our everyday discussions and broaden our scope on health literacy. From community health to academia, literacy to communication, and many other professions, the summit theme focuses on "a sharper view through the lens of health literacy".
Six plenary sessions, twenty-five breakout sessions, a poster presentation and networking opportunities provide attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy and evidence-based interventions, as well as to network with experts and colleagues in the field from many states and some other countries.
All Summit registrants must register online and create a user profile. You can view registration instructions here.
For STANDARD and GROUP STANDARD FEES only - Register by MARCH 1, 2019 and receive $50 off your registration!
Use coupon code HL19EARLY at checkout for this discount.
- Over 90 speakers/presenters will share the latest information on improving communications through health literacy
- 25 different breakout sessions allow you to match your interests with the right presentations
- A reception and poster presentation allows for networking with attendees and presenters involved in innovative communications and research projects
- Pre-Summit sessions on "Plain Language Writing and Designing for Effective Communication," "Starting and Growing a Health Literacy Initiative in your Organization," "Communication about Medication," and "Advanced Health Literacy for Professionals" allow for deep dives into these areas
- Summit exhibitors provide information on resources to help you reach your organizational and personal goals
Early Bird Rates (through March 1, 2019)
Single registration: $275
Group registration: (3+ from same organization): $235
Single registration: $325
Group registration (3+ from same organization): $285
Student rate: $110
Registration: Registration will open January 22, 2019
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) and Wisconsin Health Literacy. The University of Wisconsin–ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Policy on Sponsor and Faculty Disclosure
Detailed disclosures will be available before the beginning of the activity.
Health Literacy Summit
Over 350 people attended the 2017 Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit, which focused on how improved health literacy can help individuals become more engaged with their health and healthcare.
An additional 80 individuals attended the Medication Label Summit centering on how improving prescription drug labels can help patient understanding. Visit our Summit page for more information.
Wisconsin Health Literacy is working with a patient advisory council to design easy-to-read medication labels. Our work has impacted about 3 million prescription labels in Wisconsin. Read more about this project.