Medication Label Summit: Improving Prescription Drug Labels to Help Patient Understanding
This Medication Label Summit focuses on the role of prescribed drug labels in improving how patients take their medications. Topics include:
- How patient-centered labels can increase understanding and improve use and adherence
- What actual patients like and dislike about medication labels
- How those with low health literacy especially benefit from easier-to-understand labels
- How recent USP patient-centered guidelines for labels have potential to improve understanding
- How the USP standards are being implemented in 52 pharmacies in Wisconsin
- The experience in other states and health systems implementing new labels
- What’s next in medication labeling and health literacy
Who should attend?
- Pharmacists/pharmacy techs
- Nurses, physicians and other health care providers
- Health insurance professionals
- Health care administrators
- Public health professionals
- Health and social science researchers
Continuing Pharmacy Education Credits: Click here for more information.
The Medication Label Summit is offered by Wisconsin Health Literacy, with support of the Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Major sponsors of the Medication Label Summit are Gunderson Health System, Healthy Dane, Lilly, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Marshfield Clinic & Security Health Plan, Wisconsin Hospital Association Foundation, WPS Health Solutions, and MetaStar, Inc.
Download agenda here
Registration: $95 ($70 if also registering for Health Literacy Summit)
- Register here for the Medication Label Summit (only)
- Register here for both the Health Literacy Summit and the Medication Label Summit
Hotel accommodations are available here.
For more information about the Medication Label Summit, contact Lauren Werner: email@example.com or 608-257-1655, ext. 6.