Who Should Attend?
- Nurses, nurse educators, physicians and other health care providers
- Health insurance professionals
- Adult and family literacy professionals
- Health care administrators
- Medical librarians
- Public health professionals
- Social workers
- Health care public relations/marketing professionals
- Pharmacists/pharmacy techs
- Oral health professionals
- Health and social science researchers
- Anyone else who believes that better communication means better health!
At the end of this Summit, participants will be able to:
- Identify two evidence-based practices they can implement to improve communication and increase engagement with patients and/or families
- Identify two ways improved communications can result in better health and health care outcomes.
- Identify at least three reliable health literacy resources appropriate to their work.