Our Mission & Vision
Changing lives by strengthening literacy statewide.
All people in Wisconsin have the literacy skills to reach their full potential.
We support member literacy agencies statewide and advocate for more resources throughout the field of literacy. Our Wisconsin Health Literacy (WHL) division provides health literacy programming in communities throughout the state.
- Capacity building
- Literacy program support
- Health literacy workshops
- Workforce support
Our literacy support reaches 79% of Wisconsin counties through service to local literacy members and an additional 17% more through WHL’s community outreach (a 96% total).
We partner with:
- WTCS (Wisconsin Technical College System)
- DPI (Department of Public Instruction)
- DCF (Department of Children and Families)
- DHS (Department of Health Services)
- DOC (Department of Corrections)
- DWD (Department of Workforce Development)
- and numerous healthcare organizations
These partnerships help streamline services and better prepare adult learner to advance their education, health and careers.