Literacy Green Bay is looking for a passionate and strategic Executive Director to join our organization. This is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our adult learners and help build a community literate in the English language.
Established in 1981, Literacy Green Bay’s mission is to help adults and families acquire the reading, writing, math, English language, computer, and workforce skills they need to function effectively as workers and community members. Our goals include building community awareness and support for adult literacy and lifelong learning; better addressing the specific needs of our adult students; and increasing program evaluation and accountability systems.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Literacy Green Bay's staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will need to initially develop a deep knowledge of Literacy Green Bay's core programs, general operations, and plans for growth. Excellent communication skills are important, as well as the ability to actively engage with others.
Key responsibilities –
• Board Administration & Support: Support the operations and administration of the Board of Directors by advising and informing Board members.
• Program, Product, and Service Delivery: Oversee the design, marketing, promotion, delivery, and quality of programs, products, and services.
• Community and Public Relations: Act as the principal spokesperson for the agency to ensure the organization and its mission, program, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image.
• Fundraising: Oversee fund development planning and implementation in collaboration with the Board.
• Financial, Tax, Risk, and Facilities Management: Recommend the annual budget for Board approval and prudently manage the organization’s resources within those budget guidelines, according to current laws and regulations.
• Human Resources Management: Effectively manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess –
• Strong knowledge of the Green Bay non-profit, partner, and business communities
• Past experience advising a Board of Directors
• Prior program management, human resources, and budget oversight experience
• A track record of successfully guiding a team through strategic and visionary leadership
• The ability to engage as a trusted community influencer and relationship builder
• A broad perspective in fiscal responsibility
• A dedicated customer focus
• An ethical manner reflecting the core values of empowerment, inclusion, accountability, and collaboration
To apply for this opportunity, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to Board of Director’s member, Rachel Juley, at Rachel.Juley@AssociatedBank.com by July 20, 2018. Cover letters received from applicants will serve as both an expression of interest and a writing sample.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits include paid vacation and a flexible work environment