Health Literacy Summit
Thank you for attending the 2019 Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit.
The respected experts in the field took us beyond our everyday discussions and broaden our scope on health literacy. From community health to academia, literacy to communication, and many other professions, the summit theme focused on "a sharper view through the lens of health literacy".
Summit Materials & Evaluations
If you want to download conference materials, we recommend downloading Summit materials from the Guidebook App or from the registration website.
IMPORTANT: You will need to remember your username and password from the registration website to complete evaluations at the Summit.
Follow these steps to access materials and evaluations from the website:
- Visit: ce.icep.wisc.edu
- Log in to your account using the same login and password you used to register for this conference
- On the home page, scroll down to your list of Pending Activities and select this activity.
- Select BEGIN.
- Under the Course Progress Bar
- Select Materials to review and download the course materials.
- Select Evaluation to complete the evaluation.
If the PowerPoint presentation for your selected session is not on-line, please check with Wisconsin Health Literacy staff. Some sessions may have no PowerPoint. Materials will be available on the website for 35 days following the conference.
Six plenary sessions, twenty-five breakout sessions, a poster presentation and networking opportunities provided attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy and evidence-based interventions, as well as to network with experts and colleagues in the field from many states and some other countries.
- Over 90 speakers/presenters shared the latest information on improving communications through health literacy
- 25 different breakout sessions allowed you to match your interests with the right presentations
- A reception and poster presentation allowed for networking with attendees and presenters involved in innovative communications and research projects
- Pre-Summit sessions on "Plain Language Writing and Designing for Effective Communication," "Starting and Growing a Health Literacy Initiative in your Organization," "Communication about Medication," and "Advanced Health Literacy for Professionals" allowed for deep dives into these areas
- Summit exhibitors provided information on resources to help you reach your organizational and personal goals
- Lunch included the opportunity to network with others in the field as well as participate in an International Health Literacy Association (IHLA) general and interest group meeting
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) and Wisconsin Health Literacy. The University of Wisconsin–ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Policy on Sponsor and Faculty Disclosure
Detailed disclosures will be available before the beginning of the activity.
Health Literacy Summit
The Health Literacy Summit is the largest in the Midwest.
Diverse sessions and networking opportunities provided attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy.
Visit our Summit page for more information.
Wisconsin Health Literacy is working with a patient advisory council to design easy-to-read medication labels. Our work has impacted about 3 million prescription labels in Wisconsin.