We’re Hiring! Fund Development Manager Position
Wisconsin Literacy is a statewide non-profit coalition of 75 local literacy agencies whose mission is to change lives by strengthening literacy statewide. We work as a small staff of creative and dedicated people who support the organization’s core values of lifelong learning, collaboration, integrity, respect and teamwork. We are nimble leaders of change and person-centered while also having the advantage of a statewide reach and voice for adult and family literacy efforts. Passion for moving people forward through literacy and education is a constant among our team.
Wisconsin Literacy, including its nationally-recognized Wisconsin Health Literacy division, is a growing organization that receives much of its funding through state agency and foundation grants.
This 40 hour/week position will work closely with the Executive Director and Health Literacy Director to help the organization grow its financial base with an emphasis on new unrestricted corporate and individual support, while also maintaining its grant funding base. We are looking for an individual experienced with external communications and engaging with individual donor prospects, corporate and foundation executives, and board members. The position will also further the mission of the organization by researching and identifying new grant funding opportunities, submitting grant applications, and building relationships and maintaining funding support from foundations, corporations and government agencies.
Individual, Corporate and Foundation Outreach for Unrestricted Support (55%)
• Work with board members and lead the board’s fund development committee
• Conduct individual donor and corporate giving research
• Build and nurture relationships with current donors and prospects
• Set up and participate in donor visits with Executive Director and board members
• Execute funding appeals and online giving solicitations
• Solicit sponsorships, matching gifts and donor engagement in The Big Share, Giving Tuesday
and other online solicitation efforts
• Plan and execute giving strategies for current and new donor support
• Contribute to Social Media efforts as it relates to funding
Grant Writing, Management and Reporting (25%)
• Conduct grant prospect research and guide the Executive Director in efforts to secure financial support from foundations, corporations, and government agencies
• Develop and track proposals for all grants to government, foundation and corporate funders
• Work with the Executive Director and Health Literacy Director in determining grant applications and initial project development
• Manage grant requirements
Special Events Sponsorships (10%)
• Initiate sponsorship solicitations for biennial events
• Execute post-event donor outreach strategies and stewardship
Database Management, donor acknowledgements, administrative duties (10%)
• Maintain donor information in Salesforce database and donor mailing lists.
• Strong belief in the mission of changing lives through adult and family literacy
• BA required, Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) or other like designation a plus
• Minimum 5 years of experience in nonprofit fund development, including face-to-face donor solicitations and individual, corporate and foundation prospect research skills
• Minimum 5 years of grant writing, management and reporting
• Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills, with ability to provide polite persistence with donor engagement
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
• Experience in submitting federal and state government grants
• Proven ability in regularly engaging board members in donor development and prospecting
• Experience in researching, identifying, engaging, securing, and sustaining individual, corporate and foundation support that fit within our strategic goals
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and donor management software. Experience with Salesforce a plus
• Proficient in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked-In
Send your resume, cover letter, three references and two writing samples to: Michele Erikson, Executive Director and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2019. Materials can be mailed to: Wisconsin Literacy, Inc. 211 S. Paterson St. Ste. 170, Madison WI 53703
Wisconsin Literacy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.