Wisconsin Literacy, Inc. provides support, resources, training, and advocacy to adult literacy programs located throughout Wisconsin.
We work as a small staff of creative and dedicated people who support the organization’s core values of lifelong learning, collaboration, integrity, inclusion and equity, innovation, and teamwork. Passion for moving people forward through literacy and education is a constant among our team.
The Math Instructor provides remote, live instruction as well as support of independent learning to adult learners at participating Wisconsin Literacy member literacy agencies.
The Math Instructor is a new position, starting at 10 hours a week, 40 weeks a year. The Math Instructor will work closely with the NE RLC (Northeast Regional Literacy Consultant).
- Support adult learners across the state of Wisconsin through live, virtual instruction
- Support 4 member organizations to build capacity and improve program outcomes, specifically in their math ABE (Adult Basic Education) and GED programs
- Build the capacity of community-based programs to better prepare adult learners for jobs and post-secondary education and to transition more students to the technical college system’s career pathways and workforce opportunities
Main Job Activities and Events (work 40 weeks a year)
- Deliver 5 hours per week of live class over virtual platform to literacy classes at 4 remote locations
- Offer 2 hours per week of virtual office hours
- 3 hours per week of lesson preparation and program coordination
- Report learner attendance to 4 host sites
- Monitor learner progress in online software
- Review learner assessments (conducted by host sites)
- Present at WL conferences or other professional development opportunities
- Attend the following meetings/events:
- Wisconsin Literacy Staff Monthly Meeting via Computer Conference
- Wisconsin Literacy Fall Conference (annually)
- Wisconsin Literacy Biennial Celebration of Literacy
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
- Experience delivering instruction or training through remote, digital platforms
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field or equivalent work experience
- Comfortable working with little supervision and making independent decisions
- Living in Wisconsin with familiarity of high school equivalency requirements
To apply, please send a letter of interest outlining your education and experience as it relates to the job description, a resume, and three professional references by August 2, 2021 to:
Michele Erikson, Executive Director
Wisconsin Literacy, Inc.
211 S. Paterson St., Suite 170
Madison, WI 53703