Vaccine Community Outreach (VCO) Project Manager
Wisconsin Literacy is a statewide not-for-profit organization that supports 70 adult, family, and workplace literacy agencies through resource development, professional development, information and referrals, training, and advocacy. Under this organization, the Wisconsin Health Literacy (WHL) division was formalized in 2010 and works nationally, statewide, and locally to increase health literacy in communities and in healthcare organizations through its projects, activities, and events.
WHL has a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. We work in close partnership with communities across Wisconsin to improve health literacy and health equity.
WHL’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in the communities we serve and the partnerships we have built. We believe that increased diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other characteristics that make us different, makes us a better, stronger organization.
Further information is available at WisconsinHealthLiteracy.org.
Our Vision: People understand health information and services.
Our Mission Statement: To promote clear communication between those who give and those who receive health care services.
Project Manager Position Summary
WHL is working with member literacy agencies and community partners to strengthen vaccination efforts in Wisconsin. Under the general direction of the Health Literacy Director, the VCO Project Manager will help provide advice, technical assistance, and leadership in planning, developing, managing, evaluating, and reporting on vaccine community outreach activities across Wisconsin. They will lead a team of four Regional VCO Specialists to conduct and evaluate activities, as well as oversee documentation and reporting for the project.
Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Under the direction of the Health Literacy Director, manage all phases of WHL’s COVID-19 Vaccine Community Outreach Initiative
- Oversight of 4 regional VCO Specialists
- Develop and train local community leaders and organizations on health, digital, and science literacy to support local vaccination outreach efforts.
- Lead and nurture vaccine outreach strategies by building partnerships with trusted community partners and organizations.
- Assist in creating tailored resources for the local community such as infographics and videos.
- Support local community organizations in data collection and reporting to evaluate success of activities.
- Oversight of VCO Specialist and local community organizations in financial reporting and reimbursement requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Keen relationship skills and prior experience working closely in and with diverse communities.
- Ability to multi-task and focus on priorities at hand.
- Ability to translate broad goals into achievable steps
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience working in multi-cultural, and/or multi-lingual environments.
- Sound organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness, availability, and ability to travel occasionally statewide, including overnight and multi-day travel. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Salary range: $52,000 to $57,000
Hours: The VCO Project Manager is a 40 hours/week position through June 30, 2024.
Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references by October 25, 2021 to: