Are you new to working remotely?
Wisconsin Literacy staff work remotely and collaborate from all over the state.
Here are some tips from our staff to help you get started.
Create your new normal.
- Carve out a dedicated work space.
- Resist the temptation to stay in your jammies!
- Set a consistent schedule.
- Give yourself a break – it’s not easy to balance home and work, especially in these extenuating circumstances.
- Connect regularly with colleagues.
Choose a platform to connect.
Official training videos from these online platforms:
Join the conversation.
- Call in by phone (you don’t need to be tech savvy to dial in).
- Connect by computer.
- Download the app on your tablet or smart phone.
Create community virtually.
- Use your webcams to see each other.
- Wear headphones to reduce background noise and eliminate feedback.
- Make sure your dog has a treat and your kids have a snack!
- Mute yourself if your area becomes “noisy” (kids and pets happen!)
Give it some time… and get support.
- Contact your RLC or RCC to schedule a practice meeting.
- Don’t worry if you have technical glitches the first (few) times!
- Take advantage of this learning opportunity – try out new features as you become more comfortable with your virtual platform.
- Contact your RLC or RCC for a recording of our GoToMeeting and Zoom tours.