Become a Member
Our coalition of community-based adult and family literacy providers currently has 75 members throughout the state. Membership in Wisconsin Literacy, Inc. (WLI) is open to any formally organized nonprofit literacy provider offering basic skills services to adults and/or families. Dues are based on the amount of learners served in a year.
WLI literacy agency members receive direct services from the Regional Literacy Consultant (RLC) located in their region. Offices are located in LaCrosse, Madison, Racine, and Milwaukee. The following are among some of the many services provided by each RLC:
Board of Directors development, best practices, strategic planning, organizational development, tutor training support, resource recommendation, fundraising opportunities, grant writing support, and site visits for consultations.
Membership dues are based on the amount of students served in one year. Please review our Membership Requirements and Benefits document. You can submit your membership form and dues online. Our processing fees are added to memberships submitted online. To avoid the processing fees, download our membership form here and send a check in to:
Wisconsin Literacy, Inc.
211 S. Patterson St., Suite 260
Madison, WI 53703
Join as an Individual Member:
You can support our statewide literacy coalition through an Individual Membership to Wisconsin Literacy, Inc. (WLI). Individual memberships are for people who are interested in our activities and services as well as in networking and professional development opportunities. Benefits include:
- WLI’s member’s portal with username and password
- Monthly e-Newsletter (for regular news about trainings, workshops, seminars, upcoming events, funding opportunities, and job posting across the state)
- COABE (Coalition on Adult Basic Education) membership (benefits listed at http://www.coabe.org/membership-renew-join/)
- Invitations to Wisconsin Literacy’s events
- Participation in regional networking events and trainings
- Special discounts on registration to specified WLI conferences and events
If you are interested in an Individual Membership, please fill out the form below and return it to our office with your membership check. All Individual Memberships are good for one year, or the remainder of the year, from January to December. Memberships are not tax deductible and Individuals are not voting members.