Our Mission & Vision
Changing lives by strengthening literacy statewide.
All people in Wisconsin have the literacy skills to reach their full potential.
We support member literacy agencies statewide and advocate for more resources throughout the field of literacy. Our Wisconsin Health Literacy (WHL) division provides health literacy programming in communities throughout the state.
- Capacity building
- Literacy program support
- Health literacy workshops
- Workforce support
Our literacy support reaches 88% of Wisconsin counties through service to local literacy members.
We partner with:
- DPI (Department of Public Instruction)
- DCF (Department of Children and Families)
- DHS (Department of Health Services)
- DOC (Department of Corrections)
- DWD (Department of Workforce Development)
- WTCS (Wisconsin Technical College System)
- and numerous healthcare organizations
These partnerships help streamline services and better prepare adult learners to advance their education, health and careers.