You cannot effectively manage staff without current job descriptions.
Job descriptions list:
- specific tasks and responsibilities of the position
- overall goals
- qualifications (knowledge, skills and abilities) needed for the job
- salary range for the position
You will use job descriptions to:
- advertise for open positions
- determine compensation
- conduct performance reviews
Do not simply use job descriptions from other organizations. Your open position is unique, so you should develop your own. The process of completing the job description is usually enlightening.