Here are some foundation and grant opportunities in Wisconsin, many focused on literacy and/or education.
This is not a comprehensive list and will change over time. Be sure to confirm up-to-date contact information online.
- Contributes to a wide variety of health, education, cultural and civic organizations in the corporate service area
- Funds operational costs
- https://www.dgliteracy.org/ (application available online)
- P.O. Box 1064, Goodlettsville, TN 37070-1064
- Phone: (615) 855-5201
- http://www.gannettfoundation.org/guidelines.htm. (application available online)
- Deadline: Nov. 1 for Letter of Inquiry
- 1265 Lombardi Ave., Green Bay, WI 54304 – 3928
- (920) 496-5700
- Examples: Reading Connections, Breast Cancer Foundation
- Charitable, scientific, literary or educational purpose. Special projects, renovations, equipment and matching grants.
- Range/Median: $600–10,000 / $1,200
- Deadline: Dec. for Full Proposal
- 777 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Examples: American Cancer Society, Marquette University
- Range/Median: $50–85,000 / $1,000
- Funds programs for youth, ages 6-18, that integrate literacy with personal and civic action in the communities where they live.
- Range: $5,000-20,000
- Check with your local Wal-Mart store’s community coordinator.
- gatekeeper for many of the federal monies distributed to Adult Basic Education and literacy programs.
- Workforce Innovations and Opportunities Act (WIOA), which supports Adult Education and Family Literacy (AEFL).
Local Service Organizations
- Lion's Club