Here are some foundation and grant opportunities in Wisconsin, many focused on literacy and/or education.
We’ve divided the opportunities by statewide access and then by the 4 Wisconsin Literacy regions. This is not a comprehensive list and will change over time. Be sure to confirm up-to-date contact information online.
Interest Points Code:
10 Elementary/Secondary Education
17 Other Education/Literary Projects/Job Training
25 Public Health Programs/Health Fairs
30 United Way Funded
34 Aging/Senior Citizens
35 Minorities/Race Relations 36 Women and Girls
37 Family Services
81 Community/Economic Development
83 Good Government/Public Policy: Consumer Protection/Voter Education
86 Trade and Professional Associations
Statewide (or if you’re in their operation area):
Alliant Energy Foundation
- Interest points: 10, 17, 35
- Contributes to a wide variety of health, education, cultural and civic organizations in the corporate service area
- Funds operational costs
CBM Credit Education Foundation, Inc.
- Interest point: 17
- Deadlines: Dec. 1, March 1, Sept. 1
- 2509 South Stoughton Rd. Ste. 300, Madison, WI 53716
- Phone: (608) 663-5000
- Examples: Call For Action, WI Women’s Business Initiative
- Funds programs dealing w/ financial literacy and emphasizing credit education and wise use of consumer credit.
- Range/Median: $306–44,000 / $18,190
Dollar General Literacy Foundation
- www.dollargeneral.com (application available online)
- P.O. Box 1064, Goodlettsville, TN 37070-1064
- Phone: (615) 855-5201
Frank L. Weyenberg Chartable Trust
- Interest point: 25
- c/o Quarles & Brady, LLP, 411 E. Wisconsin Ave, Ste. 2040, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Phone: (414) 277-5000
- Contact: Henry Loos
- Initial contact by full proposal; trustees meet quarterly.
- http://www.gannettfoundation.org/guidelines.htm. (application available online)
Green Bay Packers Foundation
- Interest points: 17, 81
- Deadline: Nov. 1 for Letter of Inquiry
- 1265 Lombardi Ave., Green Bay, WI 54304 – 3928
- (920) 496-5700
- Examples: Reading Connections, Breast Cancer Foundation
- Charitable, scientific, literary or educational purpose. Special projects, renovations, equipment and matching grants.
- Range/Median: $600–10,000 / $1,200
Robert W. Baird & Co. Foundation
- Interest points: 10, 17, 30, 36, 37, 81, 86
- http://www.rwbaird.com/who-we-are/community-involvement/baird- foundation.
- Deadline: Dec. for Full Proposal
- 777 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Examples: American Cancer Society, Marquette University
- Range/Median: $50–85,000 / $1,000
- http://www.starbucks.com/responsibility/community/starbucks- foundation.
- Funds programs for youth, ages 6-18, that integrate literacy with personal and civic action in the communities where they live.
- Range: $5,000-20,000
Wal-Mart Literacy Foundation
- Check with your local Wal-Mart store’s community coordinator.