Helpful Website Resources on Forming a Nonprofit
The Internal Revenue Service has comprehensive discussion of the requirements for tax- exempt status and recognition as a charity in the “Exempt Organizations” section of its website.
The IRS (like the UK Charities Commission) has a page on the lifecycle of a charitable organization.
The Balance Small Business contains information about how to start a nonprofit.
The Free Management Library's links on Starting a Nonprofit Organization help you answer the following questions:
- Should your new business really be a nonprofit?
- What service will your nonprofit provide? Is it really needed? By whom?
- How will your nonprofit be designed? Who will it involve? Who will work for whom?
- Do you have what it takes to start and run a new organization?
- If so, then what specific steps are involved in starting a nonprofit?