Adult Literacy/ABE Tutor Training
Train tutors with this 7-step training process.
Use this template to promote the training series to your new and current tutors.
Step 1: Watch Tutoring Adults: What You Need to Know
- 1-hour self-paced online introduction to adult education for all prospective tutors
Step 2: Agency-led Orientation and Vetting
- Learn more: Volunteer Screening and Onboarding
Step 3: Watch ELL and ABE Tutor Training: Getting Started
- Or register to attend a live session using the calendar links at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Matching
- Matched tutors will learn strategies they can use immediately and will have a better context as they complete the final 3 training sessions.
- Learn more: Tutor/Learner Matching
Step 5: Watch our 3-part “ABE Tutor Training.”
Or register to attend live sessions using the calendar links at the bottom of the page.
Step 6: Certificate of Completion
- Tutors, tell your agency when you’ve completed all videos.
- Agencies, request Wisconsin Literacy’s certificate template from your RLC.
Step 7: Ongoing professional development
- Tutors, tell your agency what topics you want to learn more about.
- Agencies, schedule tutor in-services and meet-ups.
- Register for Wisconsin Literacy professional development: Wisconsin Literacy Events