Most funders want to support programs that serve disadvantaged communities. In addition to personal contact information, collect demographic information for learners, so you can show who your program directly impacts:
- zip code
- income and family size
- use of public assistance (free and reduced lunch, Badger Care, Food Share, etc.)
- native language
- educational level
- any other data requested by your individual funders
*Social Security Number
- Many literacy programs do not collect this data.
- Federally-funded programs use SSN to track employment records, enrollment in technical college, and use of public assistance.
- Education, employment, family and personal
- Long-term and short-term