Health Literacy Summit
Registration information coming soon!
Wisconsin Health Literacy announces the following Summit plenary session speakers on April 4-5 (watch for more to come):
- Anne Fadiman - award winning author of The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors and the Collision of Two Cultures, will present as the keynote speaker
- Cindy Brach - Senior Healthcare Researcher, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Dr. Winston F. Wong, Kaiser Permanente
- Karen N. Drenkard, PhD, RN, Senior Vice President, GetWellNetwork
Medication Label Summit speakers on April 3 (to date): An added feature to this year's Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit will be the Medication Label Summit held on April 3, one day prior to the Summit. Presentations will focus on challenges to reading medication labels, including sessions on Wisconsin Health Literacy's grant project from the Healthier Wisconsin Partnership Program relating directly to this topic.
- Dr. Michael Wolf, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Dr. Ruth Parker, Emory University Department of Medicine
- Dr. Joanne Schwartzberg, USP
- Keith Trettin, VA National Center for Patient Safety
Other Pre-Summit workshops on April 3 (to date): Other workshops will be offered, including one on the SHARE APPROACH, which will center on learning cutting-edge, evidenced-based information about shared decision making. Faculty for that workshop are:
- Jann Keenan, Ed.S. Strategic Partner - Health Literacy at the Institute of Healthcare Advancement (IHA); President, The Keenan Group, Inc.
- Michelle Tregear, Ph.D., Project Director, AFYA, Inc.
Request for Proposal - Breakout Session/Poster Presenter: Wisconsin Health Literacy is now inviting individuals to submit proposals for 60-minute breakout sessions and/or poster presentations. Applications are due December 30, 2016.
Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin
The Joint Commission
University of Wisconsin Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
Wisconsin Association of Health Plans
Wisconsin Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Society
Wisconsin Hospital Association
Wisconsin Medical Association
Wisconsin Nurses Association
To be added to the mailing list to receive updates, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive information on sponsorships, send an email to email@example.com.
"Better Health through Better Communication"
April 13-15, 2015
Monona Terrace Community and Conference Center, Madison, WI
This conference focused on how improved health communication can lead to better outcomes. This is increasingly important in the changing health care environment in which reimbursement is more closely tied to results and population health must be better managed.
Six plenary sessions, twenty-five breakout sessions, a poster presentation and networking opportunities provided attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy and evidence-based interventions, as well as to network with experts and colleagues in the field from many states and some other countries.
2015 Summit Key Links: