This section includes a collection of health literacy resources. This listing includes key reports, articles and toolkits to learn more about the field of health literacy or to implement and evaluate an effective health literacy program. Many other resources are available at the links given.
- Creating a health literate organization
- Planning and evaluating programs
- Organizational health literacy assessment
- Sources of additional resources
- Cultural competence
- Health insurance literacy
- Health literacy interest groups
- Documents and templates
- National or international literacy & health literacy studies
- National health literacy action plans
- Plain language training
- General health literacy training
- Patient videos
- Health Literacy 101
- Intervention programs
- Courses/materials for adult literacy and health literacy
- Print/AV assessment tools
- Writing tools
- Reading level calculators
- Pharmacy tools
Health Literacy Summit
The Health Literacy Summit is the largest in the Midwest.
Diverse sessions and networking opportunities provided attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy.
Visit our Summit page for more information.
Wisconsin Health Literacy is working with a patient advisory council to design easy-to-read medication labels. Our work has impacted about 3 million prescription labels in Wisconsin.