Talking About the COVID Vaccine in Your Community
In this 2-part virtual series Talking About the COVID Vaccine in Your Community, participants will learn strategies to share COVID-19 vaccine information and resources in their communities.
Training recordings and resources are available below.
You will learn about:
- Health literacy background
- Applying health literacy principles to community outreach
- Strategies for better communication
- Workshop and lesson plan ideas
Watch Session 1 Recording: https://youtu.be/EN1RlM20lRo
You will learn about:
- Establishing and leveraging community partnerships
- LARA communication strategy – activity and discussion to practice keeping conversations productive and positive
- COVID vaccine resources
Watch Session 2 Recording: https://youtu.be/3GfcFPtgnTk
1. COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach Train the Trainer PowerPoint (download)
2. Myths and Facts about the vaccine: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html#print
3. CDC Vaccine Outreach Slides: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/vaccines/toolkits/slide-deck_EW-Toolkit_508.pptx
4. Scenario based activity from Kalamazoo Literacy Council (download)
5. Wisconsin Literacy Lesson Plan Template (download)
6. Literacy Network COVID-19 Vaccine Mini Lessons:
- Literacy Network COVID-19 Vaccine Mini Lesson 1 - Lesson Plan
- Literacy Network COVID-19 Vaccine Mini Lesson 1 - Materials
- Literacy Network COVID-19 Vaccine Mini Lesson 2 - Lesson Plan
- Literacy Network COVID-19 Vaccine Mini Lesson 2 - Materials
- Literacy Network COVID-19 Vaccine Mini Lesson 3 - Lesson Plan
- Literacy Network COVID-19 Vaccine Mini Lesson 3 - Materials
9. Letter to Vaccination Sites (download).
10. COVID-19 Outreach Survey (for Wisconsin Literacy members only)
Please complete with each community member (electronic and printed surveys are the same questions).
- Printed Surveys:
Health Literacy Services
Wisconsin Health Literacy offers training and consulting services customized to meet your organizational needs. Trainings focus on the numerous ways that health literacy impacts care delivery, health outcomes, and public health.
Wisconsin Health Literacy is working with a patient advisory council to design easy-to-read medication labels. Our work has impacted over 4 million prescription labels in Wisconsin.
Health Literacy Summit
The Health Literacy Summit is the largest in the Midwest.
Diverse sessions and networking opportunities provided attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy.
Visit our Summit page for more information.