COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach Training Sessions
In this 5-part virtual Train-the-Trainer series, participants will learn strategies to improve health, digital, and science literacy; talk about COVID-19 vaccines in your community; and find and recognize reliable vaccine information online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Session 1: Health Literacy & Vaccine Community Outreach
- Learn the prevalence of low literacy and health literacy in the U.S. and how it impacts health behaviors, including COVID-19 vaccination status
- Understand the importance of taking a health literacy universal precautions approach when talking about vaccines
- Apply nine health literacy communication strategies when talking about the COVID-19 vaccine in the community to build trust and reduce barriers
Session 2: Digital Health Literacy & Vaccine Community Outreach
- Understand what digital health literacy is, its impact on vaccination, and the digital skills and tools needed to access vaccines
- Identify methods and resources that community organizations can use to improve the digital health literacy of their community and decrease barriers to vaccination
- Learn skills community members need to find reliable health information online and use social media appropriately to reduce disinformation/misinformation
Session 3: Science Literacy & Vaccine Community Outreach
- Understand the challenges of communicating science concepts and processes to the public
- Apply strategies, such as using relatable analogies, to make science concepts easier to understand
- Integrate best practices into your own communication work
Session 4: Talking About COVID-19 Vaccines in your Community
- Understand how to talk about COVID-19 vaccines in your community
- Learn strategies to enhance community engagement around COVID-19 vaccines
- Learn the LARA technique and how to respectfully listen and communicate effectively with vaccine hesitant communities
Session 5: Finding Reliable COVID-19 Vaccine Information Online
- Explain the need for using reliable health information and its impact on COVID-19 vaccination
- Learn how to search for online health information, select a website, and what to look for to determine if the information is reliable
- Identify considerations and steps to teaching finding reliable health information online
Sign up for our Health Literacy Digest to get our latest news.
Health Literacy Services
Wisconsin Health Literacy offers training and consulting services customized to meet your organizational needs. Trainings focus on the numerous ways that health literacy impacts care delivery, health outcomes, and public health.
Wisconsin Health Literacy is working with a patient advisory council to design easy-to-read medication labels. Our work has impacted over 4 million prescription labels in Wisconsin.
Health Literacy Summit
The Health Literacy Summit is the largest in the Midwest.
Diverse sessions and networking opportunities provided attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy.
Visit our Summit page for more information.