Health Literacy Summit
The Health Literacy Summit is the Midwest's largest health literacy summit. You will hear from respected experts in the field covering the following tracks:
- Organizational Planning
- Tools and Resources
- Literacy and Health
- Health Literacy Improvement
- Working with Vulnerable Populations
Plenary sessions, breakout sessions, a poster presentation and networking opportunities provided attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy and evidence-based interventions, as well as to network with experts and colleagues in the field from many states and some other countries.
Past Conference highlights:
- Over 90 speakers/presenters shared the latest information on improving communications through health literacy
- 25 different breakout sessions allowed you to match your interests with the right presentations
- A reception and poster presentation allowed for networking with attendees and presenters involved in innovative communications and research projects
- Pre-Summit sessions on "Plain Language Writing and Designing for Effective Communication," "Starting and Growing a Health Literacy Initiative in your Organization," "Communication about Medication," and "Advanced Health Literacy for Professionals" allowed for deep dives into these areas
- Summit exhibitors provided information on resources to help you reach your organizational and personal goals
- Lunch included the opportunity to network with others in the field as well as participate in an International Health Literacy Association (IHLA) general and interest group meeting
Health Literacy Services
Wisconsin Health Literacy offers training and consulting services customized to meet your organizational needs. Trainings focus on the numerous ways that health literacy impacts care delivery, health outcomes, and public health.
Wisconsin Health Literacy is working with a patient advisory council to design easy-to-read medication labels. Our work has impacted over 4 million prescription labels in Wisconsin.
Health Literacy Summit
The Health Literacy Summit is the largest in the Midwest.
Diverse sessions and networking opportunities provided attendees with the opportunity to learn more about health literacy.
Visit our Summit page for more information.